Jan 19, 2008

I have told some of you that I was going to the doctor for a check up well heres the whole story: It all started when I went to the family doctor for a physical and he referred me to a Dermatologist. My doctor told me that he was concerned with the amount of moles and spots on my body. I made the appointment and kept it, knowing that they were most likely going to take one or two off for a check up. I was used to this. I have been going to the Dermatologist for my back for years. Well, when I went to the initial appointment everything was fine. He removed (by shaving off) two problematic spots for testing. Then he told me to come back for a full body check. I made the appointment and kept it, yet again. This time he used a black-light on me and noticed white spots. Not to big, but not small either. I had them all over my body. Legs, arms and torso. It was absolutely eye opening. All I could think of was how lucky I was not to sun bath on a regular basis. He removed two more moles. One one my shoulder, similar to the ones on my back, no big deal. Then he went to my chest. He noticed a spot that looked, lack of a better term, wonky. It wasn't that big and I didn't think anything of it. He told me that I will hear from him in a letter if everything is okay. So I check my mailbox and see nothing from the lab. Then I get home today and see that my Dermatologist call today around 11:30 am. I went to machine and pushed play. To my surprise the nurse wanted me to call back in regards to my test results. By the time I got the message it was already past office hours and couldn't call. Now I have to wait untill Monday to find out what's going on. This is why I am so nervous. I'm shaking just writing this down. I have so many thoughts going thru my head and heart. I'm trying to think positive. Remembering all the good times and trying to make myself laugh. I can put on a real good front, but inside I'm screaming.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wonky spots. Scarey stuff. You will be in my prayers. The waiting is awful...even tho' it's probably fine. The waiting IS awful.
Thinking of you, girlie.

Emmy said...

Do you have an update, Stepher?
LOVE YOU!
xoxoxo-emmy