Mar 25, 2008

Somthing From The Heart

Okay so not many people know that I used to be very overweight. If you are one of the few whom seen me at my biggest know it was very hard on me. I worked and worked to become healthy. Not fat, not skinny just healthy. When I was at my biggest (2000-2004) I was 250 lbs!! At my skinniest (2007) I was only 100 lbs. I was very depressed and alone at the time when I was heavy. I was going through a time that was very stressful. I had 2 children within 22 months and alone. My son was dianosied with Autism. My daughter couldn’t hear very well and needed to go to speech therapy. And to take the cake I married a man who not only hit me but called me the most hurtful things. In this time I gained so much weight that I couldn’t do anything. I was running in circles, going no where. I was in such a rut that I would eat a whole family sized cherry pie by myself, drink a 24 pack soda/day and feel sorry for myself everyday. There were times that I would try to loose the weight. I would try all sorts of different diets and fads. I found a Dietitian and she pointed me in the right direction. Teaching me how to eat correctly and not over due it with food. It worked for a while, I lost about 100 lbs or so over a year time. Then I got married and it all came back. The man I was married to was a horrible monster. He was so mean that the only thing I could do right was eat his cooking. So that’s what I did. For about a year. When I decided to leave him I lost about 20 lbs or so. I was getting thinner. When the divorce was final I lost another 50 lbs. When I got married to my TRUE LOVE Christopher in 2004 my weight was furthest from my mind. I didn’t care what I looked like. He loved me for me nothing less. Just me. I admit I had gotten comfortable in our relationship and put on a few pounds but I even didn’t care. It wasn’t until I tried to quit smoking that I put on the most recent weight. I ballooned up to about 220 lbs. I needed to do something and do it fast. I got a job that I really loved and was working during the time that I would normally eat. And when the pounds started falling off I went crazy with it. I stopped eating all together. I only ate when I was around my family. Just to prove that I was eating. I never ate a work. If I ate in public or in front of friends I would nibble and push the food around or take it home and gave it to Chris. By July 4, 2007 I was only 100lbs. I went to a family reunion and everyone was stunned. Some people said that I was fit looking, but needed some meat. Others stared and gossiped. Some members of my family thought I was on serious drugs because my weight plummeted so fast. This was my wake-up call. Now it’s almost April 2008 and I’m a healthy 135 lbs or so. I have kept myself at this weight for the last couple months and I’m finally comfortable with myself. I like me for who I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you don't think of what everyone else say about you. Because that just causes depression. I, for the most, am proud of you. Keep up the good work.Any way, I love you sis. And tell Chris the same.
PJ

Jette said...

Thank you.

Jessica said...

Man, Steph. You have really been on a roller coaster with the whole weight thing. I'm glad you are at a point now where you are happy and healthy. I know that what is going on with your life can really affect your body, I'm right there with you.