Aug 23, 2016

NYC

At this moment in time I want to be in NYC. I don't know why, it's just something I feel. I want to watch the colors change on the trees in Central Park. I want to walk in the park and see the same trees my family played around. I want to walk down the cobblestone streets and sneak into a little diner. I want to order a cup-o-joe and Ruben on rye. I want to feel closer to my grandfather and uncle. I want to sense them and absorb their wisdom of Hells Kitchen. I want to be one with my home away from home. Eat the same foods. See the generations of family's who never left. Feel what they feel. Smell what they smell. Twenty years ago I lived in the Bronx and worked in Manhattan. 49th and Lex. Local YMHA. Don't know if it's still there, but golly I sure hope so.

No comments: