Jul 23, 2007

Memories

I have about 4 or 5 places where I can write, chat, play and just plain have fun on the net. I love to meet new people and have interesting conversations. I have met some very interesting people in my endeavors. Some crazy whom I'd just like to forget and some who I've know since I was very little. In fact on one of my pages I met up with my cousin's mom, Angie. I haven't spoken or seen her in years. It's amazing. Sometimes you get a hunch that a person is good or bad. I didn't recognize Angie from her picture and wondered why a 44 yr old woman from Columbus wanted to be my friend? I accepted her as my friend because we have things in common and she looked cool. I later got a message from my cousin Sadie telling me that her mother was on the same site and to check her out. I couldn't believe it. I don't just let anyone be my friend. I'm very picky--go figure, me picky?! Anyway, I'm glad I did. When I took a closer look I recognized her and all the memories of her, Sadie and my uncle living in our basement on Sunnyside started to come back to me. Wow!! That was a long time ago. I love my memories!! Good or bad, they are worth remembering.
I was actually talking to Chris and Bobby about our first memories and how old we were. I started to think about it and my very first memory was when my little brother Eliot came home. I remember the smell of his head. I remember I look of pure happiness on my mothers face and the pride in my father. I believe that I have this as my first because this is when our family became a family. Maybe somewhere in my mind I just knew that he was going to be our little brother forever. I have little snippets here and there of other things. Like, I can remember every piece of furniture we have had since I was about 5 years old. I can remember every house, room or area I have been in. I think this is one thing that makes me.....well, me.

4 comments:

Diane said...

but....can you remember every color your mom painted the walls??? did she have fun with her paint, or what???
and stephanie, it's great your memory is so sharp. no kidding...enjoy it while you can.

Jette said...

I remember a really bright yellow in our dinning room. Remember? So bright I think it's the reason my eyes are so bad. lol

Diane said...

yes...I remember!!! I think we were all wearing shades.

The Katzbox said...

Hey! I'm right here!!! You and your good memories...show offs...