Oct 20, 2007

One Week Down

I survived the first week without my son. I don't know how I got through it, but I did. And what a week it was. It all started last Friday. I just got off work and couldn't get my car started. I fiddled with it for about 20 minutes or so, then had to step back. Getting to frustrated. I called Chris to let him know what was going on, just so he wouldn't worry. I then went back outside and fiddled some more. I went straight home without stopping at my usual spots. I just wanted to get home. As soon I walked into the house I thou off my sweater and slammed my purse, cursing and rambling about the car. Chris went out to see if he could do something about it. When he looked under the car he saw a corroded battery cable. He tried to clean it off and it broke. Yeti man strikes again. I was and am carless. This was all on Friday night. Right before Alex left for his fathers. What a day, huh?! On Saturday I went to my friend Beth's baby shower. Byran had to pick Emma and I up then swing by Debbie's and pick up Lacey and Katey. We went to Bryan's mothers house in Little Turtle. (Mommy and Nym, do you remember long summer days at the Little Turtle pool? Those are some of my fondest memories.) Well after the baby shower we went to Bryan's house for an after party. We met up with old friends from high school, played cards and had a blast on the Wii. Saturday night was fun and exiting. Sunday Alex called me from Poppy's house and I got to talk to him about his weekend and upcoming week. We cried and laughed. One of the best phone conversations I ever had. Then the fun really started. I had to find a ride to work. Don (Chris' dad) came to get me in the mornings and I had to find a ride home. This pretty much happened all week. On Tuesday my boss came to get me. I was about 3 hours late. Do you know how embarrassing it is to walk in with your boss? I felt every eye on me. Totally weird. Anyway, it was a ruff week. One good thing did happen. I made an enemy smile and laugh. I couldn't believe it myself. Maybe we can work together without all the animosity. That would be great!! I have looked for another car and have a little money saved up. Hopefully this next week goes by a little more smoothly.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Being late to work always stinks, huh? Good thing is...it happens to EVERYONE! Love you!

Emmy said...

aww. . shucks. Car problems stink! Any progress on finding a new car? I updated my blog with pictures of the fires around us. . .go check it out. LOVE!
xoxo-emmy

Emmy said...

and, YES, Little Turtle rocked. I still have a scar on my hand from the pool - remember when I scraped it? Sweet memories. Also, I have heard that Al is LOVING Worthington - so happy!!

Jette said...

I found a new car and it's great. Her name is Percy and she's a frogmoblie. I love it. Alex is having a blast!!