Sep 18, 2008

Emma Turns 10

I wanted to tell y'all a little about Emma's day. She's been really lucky and hasn't had school all week due to the wind storm of Sunday so we decided to treat her to a special day. Chris and I took her to Walmart to get whatever she wanted. She got new clothes and a dog that wiggles when you play with it. Then we took her for a birthday lunch at Olive Garden (her choice) and they sang her happy birthday and lavished her with attention. Then she and I went to Target. She didn't understand why we were there. I just kept my mouth closed and when we got to the stuffies I told her she could get about 5 or 6 new ones. (she lost most in the move) She was in heaven!! I can't describe the look on her face. It brought tears to my eyes. She also began to tear up. I asked her what was wrong and she just told me that she was very blessed to have Chris and I for parents. We just held each other and cried. I'm the one who is so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl in my life. She is my light, heart and soul. Thank you Lord for such a beautiful child. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to raise and love her.

3 comments:

Eli Bowman said...

Happy Birthday, Emma Jane! We love you so much!

The Katzbox said...

And thanks for sharing her with us this summer....she made our summer great...and we can't wait to have you both out next year!!!!!! Start planning!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Can't believe she's 10 now! We saw her the other day walking home with a cell phone to her ear. She really looked about 13!