Jul 9, 2007

A Little About Our Family

It's only fitting that I take a moment and talk about my family. My family is very special to me. I waited a long time for the family I have. I have a wonderful Husband, Chris, whom I just adore. I have one son and 3 daughters. Let me tell you a little something about us....
I met my husband when we were about 14 years old. I remember going over to my best friends house, who lived across the street from Chris, just to see him and hang out. We started dating when we were in high school, but because of reasons, had to break up. We went our separate ways and each found someone else. But, through it all we still remained close friends. My family moved and I ended up at a different school. I barley saw him. The times we did see each other it was special. I ran into his arms and just held on. Tight! After high school we lost touch for awhile. Chris had a daughter that was 2 and one one the way and I had a son when we found each other again. We have been inseparable since. Together we have a daughter. We were married in 2004 with all our family and friends around us. He is MY Chris.
Our children are all one's of a kind. Let me start with our oldest, Lacey.
Lacey is 13 years old and going to be in the 8th grade this fall. She is "Emo" whatever that is, and lets us know everyday. She has her moods just like any other 13 year old. She thinks she knows everything and everyone is out to get her. Typical teenager. Lacey and I have a special relationship. She was 9 when her father and I got married. I didn't want to be that mean "step-mother" that are in all the horrible stories and movies. So I made a promise to her. I promised her that I will treat her like my own and love her as my own. I don't think she recalls a time that I wasn't there in one way or another. Lacey is bright and very intelligent. She is sweet and responsible. She loves her parents and her brothers and sister. She always takes up for others who are getting picked on. She is MY Lacey.
Alex is my son. He is by pride and joy. Alex is 10 years old and is Autistic. (PDD-NOS) He has accomplished so much in his short life. He has inspired so many people to do better, and I don't even think he knows how much. He get picked on and teased, but he shruggs it off and and goes on with his life. He is very close with his youngest sister Emma and they together make a whole that is magical and special. Alex and I have a bond that is amazing. Alex and I have gone through so much is his short life together. He has taught me to stand up for myself and become a better mother. He is MY Alex.
Katelynn is Chris' 10 year old. Katey (as we call her) is a spunky and wide eyed little girl. I have know Katey since the day she was born. I used to help Chris when he would have her at night or on the weekends. I love this little girl. She and I have always gotten along. When we told her that her father and I were going to get married her reaction was "About time!". Katey has always been a quirky girl. She is quick with a comeback and will have your back in a second. She is a lot like her father. She is MY Katey.
Now to our youngest, Emma Jane. J (is what I call her) is my baby. She is the youngest and uses every advantage she can to use that. She will pout and bat her eyes until she gets her way. She is the our little drama queen. She gets that from me. She loves to get down and dirty with the boys. She gets that from her father. She is really and truly a perfect blend of both Chris and I. She is MY Emma.
So that is a little sample of our family. There is more family members to talk about. You will get your chance to read all about them later, I'm sure. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Stephanie!!!!
It's Momma Hebdon!! It was so great to find your blog. Your kids are adorable. Wishing you good things....
Hugs to you.

Jessica said...

hey! of course i remember you... i have really enjoyed reading about your family and am glad to hear that you are doing well. i've been loving this blog thing! it has been lots of fun catching up with old friends. i got my mom hooked and i am working on my siblings. i've almost got michelle convinced that it's fun and not stressful or demanding. well, journey back anytime!
with love,
jess