Jul 12, 2007

Taking Pride in Myself

Today I got on an Order Picker. It's this big machine that goes up high and very unsteady, also known as a Cherry Picker. Well, I didn't know until this morning at 6am that I was going to be on one. I'm very afraid of heights and not that comfortable with big machine's that can hurt me. I have had very little training on one and everyone knew it, but they needed my assistance in another department, so I got on one by myself. I had very little idea what to do, but with help from my team leader and a friend, they helped me through it. I did it! It took me longer to get what I needed done, but I did it.
I was terrified to get on one of those things. I was literally in tears because I didn't know what I was doing. I just prayed to my Heavenly Father to help me through this rough patch and I was instantly calmed. It was amazing. I was a blubbering idiot on second and calm and collected the next. True testimony of prayer.
I spent the rest of the day training in a completely different area, again not knowing what I'm doing. I got trained for about 2 hours then I was on my own. Again I was nervous and scared that I was going to make a mistake but I got through it.
I'm very sore and weak from all the heavy lifting I was doing today, but other than that I am feeling very good about myself. And that doesn't happen very often.

1 comment:

The Katzbox said...

YAY Jetson!!! Of course you did it. You are amazing. You can do whatever you want. I've watched you for years...whatever you put your mind to do, you accomplish. You are the most motivated kid I've ever known. The trick to get you motivated..then just STEP BACK AND OUTTA YOUR WAY. You rock girlfriend!!!!!