Jul 16, 2007

Tired Beyond Belief

I am so tired. I only got 45 minutes, yes you read right, of sleep. And worked 10 hours today. In the hottest place in the warehouse. The people in Loose Pick needed more people than expected. So I said I would go if they needed me. I always offer, but they never take me up on it. Well, today they did. I get the call just after first break.
So I walked the 5 minute trek to loose pick. I was put on a line that is notorious for being busy and stayed there all day. I bumped into my supervisor Darlene at 2:30 (when I was supposed to leave) and talked about me volunteering for the 10 hour day. Apparently, no one likes over time money?! Who knew?! Darlene laughed at my joke, and told me to get used to it, we are going to 10 hour days tomorrow. I laughed and went to break.
!0 hours goes pretty fast when you are constantly moving. Not to mention I didn't have to get on an OP!!! YEAH!! Since they couldn't use me in receiving I told Phil that I would buy him a coffee in the morning. I figured if I get him a caffeinated up he'll get on the OP- not me. Hehehe, I'm evil (and I love it).

4 comments:

Diane said...

Jette,
I love reading about your days. You are doing an awesome job on this blog thing. I can't wait to see you and your fam. But I do have one question. What is "loose pick"? Fill me in.
I hope you get to soak your tootsies, or get them rubbed by someone, have something nice to eat and kick back a little tonight!
Love, Momma Heb

Diane said...

Oh, Stephanie, I forgot to tell you...if you click on your link to Eli's Blog....it takes you to someone else's. Thought I'd let you know.
Love ya!

Jette said...

Loose Pick is where we fill orders for colleges and anyone ordering college material. Packaging is where we assemble the combo's for college classes. Returns is where the college or person send back the stuff they don't use. Recieveing is getting product and putting it in the racks. Of course, shipping is stuff we ship out.

All in all I do love my job and hope to go far in the company.

And trust me Chris as already made my day eaiser. He made dinner, handled the children and let me veg where I fell at the moment. Rough day, Lazy night. You're right on, Mamma!!

Emmy said...

Stepher Bean - LOVE your blog - I read it every day. I feel like i am there with you. Miss you like crazy - kiss those kiddos for me!!
xoxo-emmy